Thursday, July 7, 2016

Depression | All Things BeautifulAll Things Beautiful

Depression | All Things BeautifulAll Things Beautiful

Healthy Mind, Body and Soul









You are here: Home / Health and Beauty / DepressionMarch 21, 2013  By Jen



I’m going to talk about my own experience with depression. I have been battling depression for about 25 yrs or longer. I have good days and I have bad weeks. I never expect anybody who doesn’t suffer from it to understand. I have been in treatment facilities and I was addicted to drugs for about 15 years. I have been clean for 8 and life is hard to deal with sometimes. I don’t take any medications to help with it. I just use my own mind to pull myself back into the functioning world. Yes I know I make it sound so simple, but it isn’t. Sometimes it takes me days or even weeks. Depression isn’t something that you just cure and get over. My parents use to tell me just wake up in the morning and don’t be sad. HA, if only it were that easy. I have learned a few things though. When I’m really feeling down, a good way to start the process of pulling myself out is by making myself get out of bed fairly early in the morning. I gt my coffee and get my children to school. I come home and FORCE myself to clean the house (just a little bit) maybe just the dishes or a load of laundry. When I finish that I FORCE myself to shower and do my hair and make-up. Looking good helps in feeling good. It is sometimes the hardest thing to do. Once I have done those things, I either go to the store or somewhere to get away from the overwhelming desire to run back to bed and hide. I usually turn my phone off so that I make sure I don’t get any “bad news phone calls.” I always try to find at least one thing in my life that I am thankful for and I praise that all day, usually my children. I choose not to take anti-depressants but that is a personal choice. I have seen it really help some people. Never ever take someone else’s prescriptions. Always go see a doctor. There are huge factors docs take into consideration when prescribing those types of things. Just remember God put you here for a purpose, and even though you might not see it right now, you are beautiful……JUST THE WAY YOU ARE. Love yourself and set the bar for how others love you back.



Share this:
Filed Under: Health and BeautyTagged With: Depression, LoveCommentsBrazilianbrazilian waxDepressionHealthyKidsLovewaxingwaxing aftercareReturn to top of page



Copyright © 2013  Privacy Policy | Web Hosting powered by Purely Hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment