Thursday, July 7, 2016

Blog | All Things BeautifulAll Things Beautiful Healthy Mind, Body and Soul

Blog | All Things BeautifulAll Things Beautiful

Healthy Mind, Body and Soul









You are here: Home / BlogMay 7, 2013  By Jen



Hello All. Just a quick blog about respect. I love having everyone read my blogs and post comments on how they enjoy my writing. On the other hand I do not appreciate those of you who come here to advertise your shit. My website is mine and mine alone. If you do not have permission to advertise here, which no one does, don’t do it. Have some respect for my site, I am not your free traffic and it is down right disgusting. Run your own shit on your own page not mine. For those of you who enjoy what I write and look forward to more thank you from the bottom of my heart. I don’t mind if you reference my page and work but do not steel it or try your pathetic advertising here, it will go straight to spam. Thank you for having some class.



Share this:
Filed Under: UncategorizedMarch 29, 2013  By Jen



Ok so part two is here. I wanted to follow up on some recent comments for more content. I have just a few more do’s and do not’s. First let me make it clear as to the timing of getting waxed the Brazilian Way. You never go one week before or one week after your menstrual cycle, if you have a low tolerance for pain. This are your most sensitive times. I know, that only leaves a week but if you can’t tolerate the pain very well you must hit the salon in that week. Stress also affects the severity of the pain. Try to think of it as a pedicure or a massage because the end result is amazing. They do have creams that partially numb the area. I tried it once and found that they didn’t do anything but cost me more money. Be in the right mindset your first few times. You can also go every three weeks and it will be a lot less painful because there isn’t as much hair grown back yet. I prefer to just go every five weeks and be done with it. But which ever way you choose to get it done, try to find your after care that works for you. I have lots of great tips in my other post for taking care of your wax. Brazilian waxing is not for everyone. But for me, it’s the ONLY way. When I go longer than six weeks I am miserable. I have 6 children so I don’t do much for myself, except this. I have been with the same lady for six years. I am comfortable with her and she rocks. Find one that you are comfortable with because you will be put in some positions that might not be so easy to do with just anyone. Try it once and you’ll be hooked. Good luck.



Share this:
Filed Under: Beauty TipsTagged With: brazilian wax, waxing aftercareMarch 21, 2013  By Jen



I’m going to talk about my own experience with depression. I have been battling depression for about 25 yrs or longer. I have good days and I have bad weeks. I never expect anybody who doesn’t suffer from it to understand. I have been in treatment facilities and I was addicted to drugs for about 15 years. I have been clean for 8 and life is hard to deal with sometimes. I don’t take any medications to help with it. I just use my own mind to pull myself back into the functioning world. Yes I know I make it sound so simple, but it isn’t. Sometimes it takes me days or even weeks. Depression isn’t something that you just cure and get over. My parents use to tell me just wake up in the morning and don’t be sad. HA, if only it were that easy. I have learned a few things though. When I’m really feeling down, a good way to start the process of pulling myself out is by making myself get out of bed fairly early in the morning. I gt my coffee and get my children to school. I come home and FORCE myself to clean the house (just a little bit) maybe just the dishes or a load of laundry. When I finish that I FORCE myself to shower and do my hair and make-up. Looking good helps in feeling good. It is sometimes the hardest thing to do. Once I have done those things, I either go to the store or somewhere to get away from the overwhelming desire to run back to bed and hide. I usually turn my phone off so that I make sure I don’t get any “bad news phone calls.” I always try to find at least one thing in my life that I am thankful for and I praise that all day, usually my children. I choose not to take anti-depressants but that is a personal choice. I have seen it really help some people. Never ever take someone else’s prescriptions. Always go see a doctor. There are huge factors docs take into consideration when prescribing those types of things. Just remember God put you here for a purpose, and even though you might not see it right now, you are beautiful……JUST THE WAY YOU ARE. Love yourself and set the bar for how others love you back.



Share this:
Filed Under: Health and BeautyTagged With: Depression, LoveMarch 10, 2013  By Jen



I have six children and they range in age from 4-18, only one girl. I have learned a few things over the years about health f


or kids. Not only do they need healthy bodies, but they need healthy minds and souls as well. I have recently made some changes to their diet. We eat FRESH veggies with every dinner. We only use olive oil. I cut out tons of carbs by switching to wholegrain pastas and breads. We no longer have garlic bread with our spaghetti and I keep fruits and veggies for snacks. I give them dessert once a week. The little changes that I have made have really made a difference. They feel better and have tons more energy. Yay me!! But I also try really hard to raise my children to have healthy minds and souls as well. I teach my children to love themselves and never compare themselves to others. The differences they posses is what makes them unique. I also make sure they respect others at all times and never bully. I keep them super involved in school activities. This is very important because it combats the lack of interest in school. If they have activities to work towards, they tend to do well academically. I also have twins that have a mental disability as well. All I can really tell you about that is to always be patient and get second opinions ALWAYS. The doctors tried to tell us that they had A.D.D and A.D.H.D, and we need to put them on meds. No way was I going to let that happen. It takes a lot of patience and understanding to raise children with disabilities, but I’ll tell you that it is the most rewarding thing in the world. My twins have come so far in the last three years. They are right on track with their first grade class and all it took was some hard work and patience. Health for kids is so crucial to raising healthy adults. Never ever be their friend, until they are grown and have their lives together. Love them and make sure they always know it. Choose your battles wisely. Remember they don’t think like us or react in the same way. their minds just don’t have the capacity to understand consequences fully. Be patient with them and they in turn will be patient individuals. Enjoy them, they will be grown and gone before you know it.



Share this:
Filed Under: Health and BeautyTagged With: Healthy, KidsMarch 9, 2013  By Jen


Five years ago I decided to start waxing the Brazilian way. I never thought I would love it as much as I do. I immediately FELT the difference. I hated the itching, the constant shaving and never feeling smooth enough. Waxing the Brazilian way is the only way in my book. Yes, it does come with a price. Everyone asks me if it hurts and is it expensive…..and WHY. I simply tell them that your first time hurts the worst, some more than others, depending on the amount of hair you have. The hair becomes softer and less of it after each wax. I go every five weeks and it”s about $55. I Do not suggest anyone EVER try this at home, unless you are a professional. I feel clean and the itch is 100% gone. I had been shaving for about 20 years before I started waxing the Brazilian way, so I had very course hair and a lot of it. There is a downside to Brazilian waxing too. If you’re like me and have sensitive skin, then ingrown hair will be a problem. I have discovered a few tricks along the way that might help you out. Never wax for a straight six months and always use some sort of exfoliating scrub, weekly. After your third time, wait a week and shave. Regardless if anything has grown back or not, just shave one week after your third Brazilian wax. If you get ingrown hair really bad let it grow for a couple months and it should GROW away.MOST IMPORTANT, find the right person. Make sure they know what they are doing. It takes different kinds of wax for different spots. When it comes to this cheaper is NOT better. I hope this helps. Try it once and you’ll love it. I DO.



Share this:
Filed Under: Beauty TipsTagged With: Brazilian, waxingBrazilianbrazilian waxDepressionHealthyKidsLovewaxingwaxing aftercareReturn to top of page



Copyright © 2013  Privacy Policy | Web Hosting powered by Purely Hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment